BA University of New Hampshire, Diploma, University of Dijon; M.Phil Yale University.
Paula is currently Chair of the S H Ervin Gallery Advisory Committee and Art Director of the Sir William Dobell Art Foundation.
Awards: Woodrow Wilson Fellow and Chevalier des Arts et Lettres.
Past senior appointments:
- Managing Director, Biennale of Sydney;
- Director, Art Gallery of Western Australia;
- Project Officer, Australia Council and coordinator for the opening of the Australian Pavilion at the 1990 Venice Biennale;
- International Exhibition Manager, Australian Gallery Director’s Council;
- President of the Art Museums Association of Australia
Past board directorships in the not for profit sector:
- the Australian American Fulbright Commission, the Alliance Francaise de Sydney;
- the Biennale of Sydney;
- the Visual Arts/Craft Board of the Australia Council.